This recipe is the result of a culmination of a number of things: a community card party theme being “salads”; the record temperatures preventing us from cooking anything proper for dinner; and the timely inundation of summer squash from the garden. This is probably my new favorite pasta salad recipe!
Enjoy the fruits of your labor with this delicious garden-fresh salad that comes together in less than half an hour. You could even tie a copy to this recipe to the zucchini you’ll throw at unsuspecting friends and neighbors all summer long!
- 16 oz pasta uncooked
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups summer squash diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 8 oz sweet corn frozen or fresh
- 1 cup grated Parmesan plus some for garnish
- 1 cup fresh basil julienned
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta and cook to desired tenderness. Al dente is preferred by most. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water.
- In a large skillet combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Saute until garlic just starts to become clear. Add squash and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, squash, corn, Parmesan and basil to a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste, if necessary. Garnish with additional cheese when plating.