Cream cheese frosting is my favorite for any occasion! I don’t do a lot of fancy piping on my cakes and cupcakes so it holds up just fine for birthdays and family parties. This is a quick and easy recipe that takes a classic flavor to the next level with creamy melted white chocolate.
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- hand or stand mixer
- double boiler
- piping bags and tips
- 8 oz premium white baking chocolate
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz butter room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt white chocolate, stirring to ensure all bits are incorporated. When smooth and glossy, leave on very low heat until ready to mix into frosting.
- Using a hand or stand mixer equipped with a whisk, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add melted chocolate and mix well, scraping sides of bowl.
- With mixer on low speed, add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time, scraping sides.
- Chill for 2 hours before spreading or piping.